Friday, December 5, 2008

City Lights

Photobucket
I raced the night fantastic
over soulless rooftops
whispering my neoned escape,
over bitter hills of
half bitten dreams arriving late,
rising high over pale
white lights below,
and higher still
into the stilled air,
I dropped, flashing white,
and melded into earth.

I raced the night fantastic
over Embarcadero darkness,
whispering my neoned escape
into the brickened hills
of half bitten dreams arriving late,
falling slow to pale
white skin of
Broadway inviting me within
the cavern air, still,
I dropped, breathing stilled,
and melded into flesh.

I raced the night fantastic
jonesing for my lyrical fix.
I whispered my neoned escape
down narrow stairs
into translucent dreams arriving,
falling slow to poetic hypnotism
of passioned voices
of epiphonic choices
into the stilled air,
I soared flashing white
and melded into
the night
fantastic.

No comments: